Friday, October 3, 2008

Lesson 2: The Menu

Here are the menu and my initial thoughts for Lesson 2 from page 10:

 

Lesson 2

 

 

Soupe Villageoise

COUNTRY - STYLE VEGETABLE SOUP WITH NOODLES

___

Escalopes de Veau Vallee d'Auge

VEAL SCALLOPS WITH APPLES AND CALVADOS

___

Creme Renversee au Caramel

CARAMEL CUSTARD

 


Now that I have completed Lesson 1 with some ease, both with the preparation and with such enjoyment, I look at Lesson 2 with some concern...I couldn't even find pearl onions (although the substitute was great), how am I going to find veal?  

I am not so sure it will be all that hard to buy and prepare, but for me it sounds intimidating. It is also a little shaky because I know it is something that my wife will be very resistant to eating, as she is not very adventurous. If I can cook it properly and get her to try it, she just might be open to eating veal again in Lesson 3 and even be more willing to try other things...like fresh fish.

I know my wife will enjoy the Soupe Villageoise for sure, and she will try the Creme Renversee au Caramel, which I am sure looking forward to. So I know she will be receptive to enjoying the dinner with me.

Any suggestions on where to find veal or suggestions on cooking it?

2 comments:

Tommy said...

In order to be competetive with the many other cook through bloggers, I think you should post a little more frequently. I bought the book to follow along with you but am growing impatient.

Mark Palmerston said...

Tommy,

Glad to hear you own a copy of LCBAT, and I appreciate the feedback. As you will see from my next post my learning process takes time, as there is a lot to learn on my end about cooking and blogging.
--Mark