Friday, September 12, 2008

My New Project

After following regularly French Laundry at Home, Anthony Bourdain's: No Reservations, and Nose to Tail at Home, I began investigating my own path to improving my cooking techniques and indulging my love of eating.

I started by reading cookbooks at the local bookstore, and then, with a budget in mind, hit the local library. What a great resource to be able to check out books for free, or in my case get books sent from any library for $.50. So for $2.00, and no late fees (I remembered on the day they were due to check them out again online) I took a liking to Le Cordon Bleu AT HOME.

The draw for this book is definitely the approach to teaching techniques as menus rather than as individual techniques. The construction of lessons as complete menus is a learn-by-doing approach that I embrace in my life as well as in my teaching practices.

I look forward to everything ahead--planning, finding ingredients, cooking, entertaining, success, failures to learn from, and of course the eating!

The plan is to not only cook and eat, but also to update my progress through the blog. Check back to see my progress, and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Congrats on the blog, and welcome to the growing community!

Best of luck to you,

Ryan A.
www.nosetotailathome.com